Aims and Objectives of the Association
The key aims and objectives of the Equine Podiatry
- to promote the role of Equine Podiatry in improving equine
welfare and act as a body for the purposes of consultation in matters relating
to hoof care and the science and application of Equine Podiatry.
- to maintain and publish a register of qualified Equine
Podiatrists indicating level of qualification and to ensure that the general
public can determine that the professionals they employ meet the standards of
- to ensure that those included in the above mentioned register
continue to develop their professional knowledge and skills and are up to date
with latest developments in the field.
- to promote good practice and to set and maintain standards of
professional conduct and competence in Equine Podiatry.
- to set and promote standards in education and training in the
principles and practice of Equine Podiatry.
- to organise and maintain schemes for the regulation and
discipline of the Association's members in matters of professional conduct and
provide a means of redress to those who feel that they have a professional
grievance with a member of the Association.
- to encourage further evidence-based research into Equine
Podiatry and disseminate the results of that research.